Every woman wants to look and feel her best every day. With a few simple tricks, you can be on top of your beauty game every day. These are the beauty tips every woman needs to know:
- Be gentle with your hair. Avoid heat styling tools, like the blower dryer, flat iron, or curling iron, as much as possible. Heat styling causes irreparable damage to your hair that leads to split ends and breakage, making your hair look frizzy.
- If you have to use heat styling tools, use a heat protectant spray. These sprays are formulated to protect your hair from the heat. Spray liberally onto your hair before styling, and your hair will be shielded from damage.
- Use a deep conditioning treatment once or twice a month. This will keep your hair nourished and shiny. There are many ready-made treatments available, or you can create your own using natural ingredients like coconut oil.
- Get regular trims. Even if you’re trying to grow your hair out, getting the occasional trim will keep split ends from getting worse and get rid of extremely damaged hair.
- Keep your skin protected! Many people skip sunscreen in an effort to get some color. This can have lasting effects on your skin, leading to pre-mature wrinkles and sun spots.
- Moisturize your skin daily. Use a light moisturizing cream in the morning and a heavier one at night. This will keep your skin hydrated and help prevent wrinkles as you age.
- Use a gentle cleanser at night to remove make-up, oil, and dirt that builds up all day. Cleanse your skin thoroughly with the cleanser of your choice and lukewarm water. Do this before you apply moisturizer at night.
- Exfoliate the right way. Don’t use harsh scrubs on your face. Use a gentle chemical exfoliator made with BHA or AHA. These ingredients are found in many anti-acne washes and help to gently exfoliate skin. Regular exfoliation keeps your skin radiant.
- Don’t keep using old makeup. Makeup has an expiration date, just like food or medication. Once your make-up passes its expiration date, it changes its texture and doesn’t work as well. Eye makeup, like eyeliner and mascara, expires after only 2-3 months and can collect bacteria if it sits for too long after this date.
- Change your makeup for the seasons. In the summer, try a lighter makeup that can withstand high temps and sweat. In the winter, layer a thicker foundation over an intense hydrating cream or serum.
- Use a primer. Primers are serums that go on your skin before your apply foundation or concealer. A primer helps to create a smooth surface to apply your makeup on and helps foundation glide on easily.
- Finish with a setting spray. Setting sprays are exactly what they sound like—they “set” your makeup. Spritz it all over your face and your makeup stays on all day. Setting sprays help your makeup withstand sweat, heat, and water.
- Take care of the skin on your body, too. Think about all the things you do for the skin on your face—exfoliating, moisturizing, applying masks and creams, etc. Don’t forget the rest of your skin. Exfoliate your body and apply a good moisturizing lotion regularly.
- Drink water often. Drinking water keeps your inside and outside hydrated. Hydrated skin looks clearer and stays healthier.
- Exercise regularly. Exercise helps get your heart pumping and gets you sweating. This keeps your skin looking good and keeps you in shape.
- Get a good night’s sleep every night. When you’re lacking sleep, it makes your skin look sallow and bags develop under your eyes. Lack of sleep can really take its toll on your looks—that’s why they call it beauty sleep, after all.